This article will explain to you all the information needed to relocate to Australia as a healthcare professional. We have made adequate research on the fastest relocation process in the world, thus relocating to Melbourne from the UK, New Zealand etc.
Austin Health has developed a program that is an opportunity for health professionals who want to relocate to Australia with their assistance.
The program is very fast compared to that of the UK, USA and Cannada, it comes with a lot of benefits as well. Let’s get started.
Requirements to relocate to Australia free of charge
The first step to beginning any immigration process is to possess a traveler’s passport, meet the eligibility criteria of the department of Health of the State of Victoria, Australia. Applicants who wish to apply must fall within the following visa category as stated by the Department of Home Affairs, Australia.
The Eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Applicant must currently be living overseas or outside Australia, which may include Australian citizens returning home or non-residents who meet Commonwealth visa requirements
- Applicant must be an international candidate whose occupation is on the Skilled Occupation list (SOL)
- Must have secured a job with a Victorian health service between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2023 and intend to work within the Victorian public health system for at least two years, and
- can access relevant Australian registration or accreditation for their profession
- Applicant must be fully vaccinated (including traveling families) for COVID-19 by a Therapeutic Goods Administration-approved or recognized vaccine.
Which group of Professionals are eligible for Australia’s free relocation program?
According to the recruitment agency’s website, there are vacancies available for:
- Green Card Opportunity for International Nurses Without NCLEX & IELTS
- All you need to know about NMC UK
- Full Immigration Sponsorship (Green Card sponsorship) with no fees for Nurses
Full list of Healthcare professionals eligible to relocate to Australia
According to the Department of Home Affairs, The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) includes but is not limited to the following health professions:
|General Practitioner (253111)||Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)|
|Hospital Pharmacist (251511)||Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)|
|Industrial Pharmacist (251512)||Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)|
|Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)||Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)|
|Medical Practitioners nec (253999)||Registered Nurses nec (254499)|
|Midwife (254111)||Social Worker (272511)|
|Orthotist or Prosthetist (251912)||Resident Medical Officer (253112)|
|Psychiatrist (253411)||Retail Pharmacist (251513)|
|Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)|
Agencies recruiting healthcare workers to Australia for free
Austin Health is one of Australia’s major health services based in Melbourne’s north-east, 15km from the CBD. Our 11,000 staff work across four campuses in three locations:
- Austin Hospital (including the Olivia Newton-John Centre)
- Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
- Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre
They’re renowned for specialist work in cancer, infectious diseases, obesity, sleep medicine, intensive care medicine, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
Austine Health is the largest Victorian provider of training for specialist physicians and surgeons.
They deliver services for patients across four main sites in Melbourne, in locations across community, in people’s homes, and within regional hospitals across Victoria.
They are an internationally recognized center of excellence in hospital-based research.
Relocation support from the Victorian Government
The Victorian Government is currently offering a travel allowance to help with relocation costs. The allowance is AUD$10,000 for health and mental health workers commencing through to June 2023.
This allowance is available to international recruits (new arrivals to Australia), and also applies to Australian citizens returning from overseas.
Additional Relocation Offers from Austin Health
In addition to the above support from the Victorian government, Austin Health is offering the following assistance and benefits to prospective applicants
- support with Australian visa options and costs
- a comprehensive financial relocation package to assist with your move, which may include allowances for partners and/or dependents
- excellent leave entitlements including up to six weeks of annual leave, long service leave accrual, plus 17.5% leave loading
- protected nurse-to-patient ratios
- clinical nurse educators working alongside nurses in wards
- paid parental leave of up to 14 weeks
- up to 13 days of professional development leave each year
- paid conference and exam leave for doctors
- study and exam leave for allied health professionals
- generous salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- employee wellbeing programs to ensure you thrive in your new role
- a robust professional practice framework to support your practice
- opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- support for career growth and expansion, with a strong focus on research
Salary packaging and Benefits
With Austin Health you can ‘package’ your salary into income and benefits to help you pay less income tax, here is how?
When you salary package, you can arrange for Austin health to pay specific expenses as benefits out of your pre-tax salary. Whatever is left of your pay, or isn’t ‘packaged’ is then taxed as income.
Salary packaging helps you pay less income tax and get more take home pay.
What you can salary package
Living expenses benefit
You can package up to $9010 per fringe benefit year on a wide variety of living expenses. Some popular choices include:
- mortgage payments
- credit card repayments
- personal loan payments
- childcare and school fees.
You can also choose to have your living expenses benefit paid to an employee benefit card and use it for purchases like supermarket shopping, fuel and many other general day to day living expenses.
Meals, entertainment and venue hire benefit
You can package meals, entertainment and venue hire expenses of up to $2650 per fringe benefit year. Eligible expenses include:
- dine-in meal purchases
- holiday accommodation
- venue hire
- holiday packages.
You also have the option to salary package for:
- casual onsite parking
- portable device claims (mobile, tablet, laptop)
- novated car leasing, with the choice of two different novated leasing providers.
List of Related Topics
- The total cost of travel to the UK as a Nurse, including IELTS/OET, CBT & Visa fees.
- The United Kingdom (UK) relocation process for Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing in the UK and the USA
- Professionally written CV Samples for UK Nurse
- What You Need to Know About Registered Nurse Resumes (CV) – USA
- Free UK NMC CBT for overseas nurses and midwives
- Jobs for International or Foreign Nurses and midwives
- Nursing Abroad Agencies Worldwide
- Guidelines to apply for Nursing/midwifery Jobs Abroad
- International Nursing Recruitment in Australia
- How to apply for a police clearance certificate
How to set up your salary packaging
Your salary packaging arrangements are set up and managed by Austin Health’s in-house salary packaging service, Austin Advantage.
This service is available to all full-time, part-time and casual employees of Austin Health.
Contact of Austine Health
Phone: 03 9496 5000
Interested Applicants who wished to apply and relocate to Australia should email the agency via the appropriate emails below:
If you are a nurse, contact:
Email: [email protected]
If you are a medical doctor, contact:
Email: [email protected]
Allied or mental health professionals
If you are an allied or mental health professional, contact:
Email: [email protected]
Location of Austin Health
We hope this article has enlightened you on the new Australian opportunities available for healthcare workers, especially Nurses. We would be glad to receive comments, additions, and feedback from you via the box below, Thank you.
Take some time to watch the youtube video to get more insight into the process, Do not forget to subscribe, like and share.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you move to Australia as a newly qualified nurse?
Qualified Registered Nurses can Immigrate to Australia. This is because Australia has deemed Registered Nurses to be an occupation that the nation is in need of. The list of the most in need Occupations is called the Medium & Long Term Strategic Skills List or (MLTSSL).
How do you get a work visa in Australia as a nurse?
To work as a nurse in Australia, applicants must register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). Applications for registration must be lodged with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Which is better for nurses UK or Australia?
Using the average Salary, Nurses working in London receive up to an extra 20% due to increased living costs. Australia: Nurses in Australia have an average annual salary of $65,000 (£39,201) – however, this can be can vary significantly by location and sector.
Is nursing a well paid job in Australia?
Average annual salaries range from $79,450 for entry-level workers to $119,436 for the most experienced employees
Can i get nursing jobs in Australia?
There are many nursing jobs for oversea nurses who wish to relocate and work in Australia, Click here to apply.
What is the overrall IELTS score acceptable in Australia?
If you aim to work in Australia, you will have to take the IELTS Academic. There are varying IELTS score requirements for different job roles. To be an engineer in Australia, a minimum score of 6.0 in each section is required. On the other hand, to be a nurse, you will need an overall score of at least 7.0.
How can I get sponsorship to work in Australia?
To be eligible for Employer Sponsored Visas in Australia, you need to have: an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List; minimum of 2 years recent, relevant work experience; but not necessarily qualifications (varies with each occupation). These are the visa subclasses: Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482. click here to apply
How do i Migrate to Australia as a Registered Nurse?
If you are a nurse, contact Austin Health via [email protected]