Canada aims to welcome over 400,000 immigrants in 2023 and 2024 through historic new recruitment drives across provinces. Jobs are plentiful, salaries high, and immigrant families experience exceptional security, freedom and quality of life.
Background On Canada’s Immigration Goals
Canada has an aging population and needs immigrants to drive economic growth. Its 2023-2025 Immigration Levels Plan aims to welcome 431,000 permanent residents in 2023, 447,000 in 2024 and 451,000 in 2025.
This plan focuses on economic immigrants, targeting 59.7% as skilled workers through Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs.Canada’s provinces and territories have a critical role in this immigration boom, actively recruiting to meet local labor market needs. Their Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow direct selection of immigrants with skills and experience that provinces need to address local labor shortages.
Provinces Actively Recruiting Immigrants
Ontario, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland & Labrador have unveiled ambitious PNP allocations and recruitment drives to attract much-needed workers and their families by March 2024.
Ontario plans to nominate 9,000 skilled immigrants in 2023, up from 7,300 in 2022. Its Employer Job Offer stream offers permanent residence if immigrants have a valid job offer in Ontario. Over 300 eligible occupations include tech and healthcare roles with high demand.British Columbia aims to nominate 6,250 skilled workers, international graduates and entry-level/semi-skilled workers by March 2024. Healthcare, technology, engineering, finance, arts and film production are target industries.
Alberta plans to nominate 7,000 immigrants by March 2024, focusing on technology, engineering, healthcare, trades and hospitality. Applicants with job offers or work experience in these priority occupations earn additional ranking points.
Saskatchewan aims to nominate 5,500 immigrants in 2023, targeting occupations in healthcare, technology, hospitality, long-haul trucking and agri-food processing. Its new Tech Talent Pathway offers expedited tech talent recruitment.Manitoba plans to nominate 15,000 immigrants over 2022-2024, with its new Work in Manitoba stream focused on target occupations that align with local labor market needs and shortages.
Atlantic Canada provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador have set ambitious PNP allocations to drive population growth and economic expansion. Target occupations align with major sectors and skills shortages.
High Salaries And Secure Jobs Await Skilled Immigrants
Canada’s red-hot job market means immigrants in skilled occupations can secure well-paying, stable jobs with excellent benefits and job security.Unemployment rate hit an all-time low of 5% in September 2022, with over 1 million job vacancies countrywide. Immigrants accounted for nearly all labor force growth.
Salaries are high – average household income is over $93,000. Minimum wage ranges from $13.60-$16.50 across provinces, the highest globally.In-demand jobs span healthcare, engineering, tech, finance, trades, transport, construction, natural resources, arts and more. Immigrants with targeted skills and experience are heavily recruited.
For example, the average salaries for some highly recruited occupations are – Registered Nurses $80,000; Software Engineers $90,000; Financial Analysts $72,000; Skilled Trades $55,000.
Straightforward Application Process
Immigrating to Canada by March 2024 involves a straightforward process:
- Check your eligibility for economic immigration programs like Express Entry, PNPs. Use the Come to Canada tool.
- Pick your preferred province based on job prospects, lifestyle, costs etc. Some provinces actively recruit immigrants for permanent residence.
- Apply to the program that best matches your profile. Some provinces allow Express Entry candidates to apply directly to the PNP stream.
- Get your application approved & visa issued. Processing times range from 6 months for PNPs.
- Land in Canada as a Permanent Resident! Start your new life in Canada with all the associated rights and privileges.
Bring Your Family To Experience A High Quality Of Life
Canada offers an outstanding quality of life in terms of social security, economic freedom, political stability, affordable education and healthcare.As a permanent resident, you can bring your spouse/common-law partner and dependent children to also benefit. Canada embraces multiculturalism and diversity.Kids get free education up to high school. University fees are way lower than global averages.
Healthcare is free and world-class – Canada ranks 16th on the global healthcare index.Canadians enjoy very high life expectancy, low infant mortality rates and universal access to doctors and hospitals countrywide. Public infrastructure like transport networks, schools, parks and public spaces is excellent.
Canada also ranks #1 on the Global Peace Index since 2008 – making it the world’s safest country! Its vibrant, progressive society offers the perfect foundation for immigrants to settle and raise families.Hate crime rates are low, and laws actively protect minorities. Women and girls experience high levels of empowerment, freedom and equality.
In conclusion, Canada offers unmatched opportunities for immigrant families by March 2024.Its provinces have historic openings through Provincial Nominee Programs that facilitate permanent residence and priority visa processing.
In-demand jobs span healthcare, tech, engineering, finance and trades – with high salaries on offer.Moreover, Canada provides a peaceful, progressive society focused on immigrants’ security and quality of life.
So come to Canada by March 2024 and take advantage of this unique window of opportunity! The application process is straightforward and provinces will welcome you with open arms.
- Relocate With Your Family To Canada in 2024: The Newest Community Pathway: This article explains how skilled workers can immigrate to Canada without a job offer through a two-step process that grants them permanent residence after a few years.
- Another Easy & Fast Immigration Pathway to Canada for Nurses in 2024 | You Can Immigrate With Family: This article provides an overview of some of the easiest and fastest immigration options for nurses who want to move to Canada with their families, such as Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs.
- The Ultimate Guide To Moving Abroad As A Care Assistant In 2024: UK, Canada, USA, New Zealand…: This article offers a comprehensive guide for care assistants who are looking to relocate abroad in 2024, covering topics like visa requirements, job opportunities, and living costs in different countries.