The University of Manchester is offering fully funded PhD scholarships for the 2024 academic year. These prestigious awards are open to all nationalities and across all research areas.
They will be of great interest to outstanding students who have the commitment to work on challenging research projects at one of the world’s leading universities.
Overview of the Scholarship
The PhD scholarships provide complete funding for tuition fees, living expenses, and research costs.
- Tuition fees will be covered at the international student rate
- Students will receive an annual maintenance stipend in line with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) minimum doctoral stipend rates
- An additional £1000 per year Research Training Support Grant is also provided
The scholarships are awarded for a period of 3-4 years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Hold or expect to achieve a first class or high second class UK honors degree or equivalent
- Ideally have a master’s degree at merit or distinction level or equivalent
- Demonstrate potential for academic research – this may be shown through previous projects, publications, presentations, awards etc.
- Show involvement in broader activities like outreach, volunteering, community work etc.
- Meet the English language requirements
The scholarships are open to applicants from ALL nationalities planning to start a full-time PhD program at The University of Manchester in September 2024.
The application deadline for the 2024 scholarships is March 31, 2024. Applicants must submit all required documents by this date.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the online application system to submit the following:
- Completed online application form
- Academic transcripts
- Two academic references
- Personal statement demonstrating research potential
- English language test scores (if applicable)
- CV showing academic and extracurricular achievements
The online system can be accessed from the scholarship page on the University of Manchester website.
The University will evaluate all applications based on academic excellence and research potential. The most competitive applicants will be shortlisted and may be invited for an interview. Final scholarship recipients will be notified by May 31, 2024.
The scholarships are offered across ALL subject areas and disciplines taught at The University of Manchester. This includes:
- Engineering – Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical etc.
- Physical Sciences – Physics, Chemistry, Materials, Mathematics etc.
- Computer Science
- Earth, Environmental, and Geosciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Social Sciences and Humanities
A full list of PhD programs is available on the University’s website.
Why Study at The University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is one of the largest and most prestigious universities in the UK. It has a rich history of academic and research excellence spanning over 200 years. Key reasons to study at Manchester:
- Cutting-edge Research – The University is at the forefront of innovation across disciplines like graphene, biotechnology, advanced materials, global inequalities and more.
- World-Class Facilities – Manchester offers state-of-the-art labs, industry-standard software, the latest equipment and excellent libraries.
- Global Reputation – It is ranked 27th globally and is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK research intensive universities.
- Vibrant Student Life – Manchester is a dynamic city that offers something for everyone. The University campus has over 400 student societies!
- Career Support – PhD students have access to mentoring programs, internships, workshops and more to prepare for careers in academia or industry.
Overall, Manchester provides the perfect environment for PhD research along with great student experiences.
Further information about the PhD scholarships can be obtained from: Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0)161 306 5000
Prospective students can also connect with current Manchester researchers and students via social media to learn more about studying at the University.
No IELTS Required: Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in the UK for International Students : This article provides an overview of several universities in the UK that offer competitive BSc to PhD scholarships for international students without requiring IELTS scores. These scholarships provide funding of up to £19,000 per year along with tuition fee waivers to enable outstanding BSc graduates to pursue direct PhD programs in STEM and social science disciplines. The application deadline for the February 2024 intake is approaching soon.
Funding for international students at The University of Manchester : The University of Manchester welcomes the best and brightest international students each year and rewards excellence with a number of merit-based scholarships. You can find undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship information below.
PhD Nursing (4 years) – The University of Manchester : This page provides information about the PhD Nursing program offered by The University of Manchester. The page also provides information about scholarships and bursaries available for the program.
Funding opportunities for PhD study – University of Manchester : This page provides information about the funding opportunities available for PhD study at The University of Manchester. The page also provides information about studentships on offer to eligible applicants.
University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award 2024 : This page provides information about the University Of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Award 2024. The scholarship is fully funded and includes tuition fees at the international rate, an annual stipend, and a research training support grant. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the application deadline is March 31, 2024.