To book an appointment for a long-term visa at the German Embassy in Nairobi as a nurse, you’ll need to follow a process that is somewhat decentralized as various steps are managed through different platforms and service providers. Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to go about it:
Step-by-step Guide on How To Book an Appointment
– Start preparing your application as soon as you have plans for a long-term stay in Germany as the visa application process can take several months.
– Use the online application form at https://videx-national.diplo.de or fill out and print the visa application form and bring a copy of it to your appointment.
Booking an Appointment:
– For the application for a National Visa, you will have to register on a waiting list via the German Embassy Nairobi’s website.
– There are two separate waiting lists: one for all national visas except for family reunification to persons entitled to protection, and the other is specifically for family reunification to recognized refugees or asylum seekers.
– Upon registration, you’ll be allocated an appointment as soon as one becomes available, based on the order of registration.
Technical Information for Booking:
– Access the service through the Embassy’s or Consulate’s homepage to prevent access problems.
– Avoid using bookmarks from earlier visits, the browser’s automatic address-memory function, links in internet services not provided by the Federal Foreign Office, and opening the online appointment system in multiple browser windows or tabs.
– The online appointment system is compatible with all standard browsers but works best with Firefox or Internet Explorer.
– Attend your appointment at the Embassy in person with your complete documentation and be prepared to pay the visa fee.
– During your appointment, the Embassy will ask questions about your planned trip and will take your photograph and fingerprints.
External Service Providers:
– TLScontact is the official service provider to submit your application for a visa to Germany if you are applying for a Schengen visa.
– Complete your Videx form, register on the TLScontact website, prepare your supporting documents, and make an appointment through TLScontact for Schengen visa applications.
– Long-term visa applicants can and should book their appointment online at the Embassy Nairobi as soon as they know about their stay in Germany. Note that visa appointments can only be obtained online.
– Applicants are requested to register on the homepage of the German embassy on the waiting list and will be contacted for advice and a later appointment by IOM (International Organization for Migration.
– Gather all necessary documents which include, but are not limited to, your nursing certification, employment contract or job offer from Germany, proof of accommodation, travel insurance, and any other required supporting documents.
– It’s advisable to check the German Embassy in Nairobi’s website for the most up-to-date list of required documents for a long-term visa application.
– Fill out the online VIDEX form, which is a requirement for the visa application. Ensure all the information provided is accurate to avoid any delays in processing.
– Register on the respective waiting list on the Embassy’s website to obtain an appointment for your visa application.
– Attend your appointment at the German Embassy in Nairobi in person. It’s essential to be punctual and have all your documents organized for easy presentation.
– Pay the necessary visa application fee. The fee details can be found on the Embassy’s website.
Interview and Biometrics:
– During your appointment, you’ll undergo an interview where you’ll be asked about your plans in Germany, your nursing profession, and other relevant questions to ascertain your eligibility.
– Your photograph and fingerprints will be taken as part of the biometric data collection process.
– Submit your application and hand over all the necessary documents to the visa officer.
– It’s advisable to keep copies of all documents submitted for your records.
– After submission, your visa application will be processed. The duration of visa processing can vary, so it’s advisable to apply well in advance of your planned departure.
– Once your visa is approved, you’ll be notified to collect your visa from the German Embassy or through the external service provider, TLScontact, if you applied for a Schengen visa.
– Once your visa is issued, make all necessary pre-departure preparations including booking your flight, securing accommodation in Germany, and informing your current employer if applicable.
Arrival in Germany:
– Upon arrival in Germany, register with the local registration office and take any other necessary steps as instructed by the German authorities.
– For any further assistance or clarification, contact the German Embassy in Nairobi or consult with a legal advisor familiar with German immigration laws and procedures.
This comprehensive guide aims to provide a well-rounded understanding of the process involved in booking an appointment for a long-term visa at the German Embassy in Nairobi, particularly for nurses. Remember, regulations and procedures may change over time, so it’s crucial to stay updated by regularly checking the official embassy website or contacting them directly for the latest information.