Are you a nurse who is looking for a new challenge and a rewarding career in one of the most vibrant and multicultural cities in Europe? If so, you might be interested in the immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam. In this article, we will explain what these opportunities are, what the benefits and requirements are, and how to apply for them.
What are immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam?
Immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam are nursing jobs that are offered by Dutch healthcare institutions in collaboration with the European Multi Talent Group (EMTG), a Dutch recruitment company that specializes in bridging the gap between Dutch healthcare institutions and qualified European nurses. EMTG nurses come from over 10 different countries and have learned the Dutch language in only 3 months before starting work.
These nursing jobs consist of providing care and assistance for clients in and around Amsterdam, in various settings such as home care, nursing homes, general hospitals, and mental health care institutions. The activities range from assisting the elderly so they can continue to live independently to providing care and support for patients with complex medical conditions.
What are the benefits of immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam?
There are many benefits of working as an immersive certified nurse in Amsterdam, such as:
1. A competitive salary: According to EMTG, the average annual salary for a nurse in the Netherlands ranges from € 43.000 up to € 58.000 gross, depending on the level of experience and the type of contract.
2. A flexible work schedule: You can choose to work full-time or part-time, depending on your availability and preferences. You can also decide whether you want to work in shifts or not.
3. A stimulating work environment: You will work in a diverse and multicultural team, with colleagues and clients from different backgrounds and cultures. You will also have the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and develop your skills and knowledge in various fields of nursing.
4. A supportive network: You will have a buddy within the healthcare institution and an EMTG coach who will guide you throughout your work experience. You will also have access to training and education programs, as well as social and cultural events organized by EMTG.
5. A chance to explore Amsterdam: You will live and work in one of the most attractive and dynamic cities in Europe, with a rich history, culture, and nightlife. You will be able to enjoy the many attractions and activities that Amsterdam has to offer, such as museums, parks, canals, festivals, and more.
What are the requirements for immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam?
To work as an immersive certified nurse in Amsterdam, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You must possess a European nursing degree. If you have a non-European nursing degree, you must validate your diploma with the International Credential Evaluation (IDW), known in Dutch as Internationale Diplomawaardering. The validation process can take up to 4 weeks.
2. You must register in the BIG register, the official register of healthcare professionals in the Netherlands. You can only register in the BIG register if you have the right professional qualifications and diplomas. The registration process can take up to 3 months.
3. You must have a good command of the English or German language, minimum A2 level. You must also prove your Dutch language proficiency at level B1 of the Common European Qualifications Framework. You can learn Dutch in Spain for 12 weeks or in the Netherlands for 16 weeks, through an intensive language course provided by EMTG and Academia Neerlandesa, a Dutch language school that specializes in language courses for health professionals.
4. You must have a valid work permit in the Netherlands or a European nationality. You must also have a professional liability insurance.
How to apply for immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam?
If you are interested in applying for immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam, you can follow these steps:
1.Send your CV to [email protected]. The international recruitment team will assess your educational and professional experience and will contact you within a week if you are a suitable candidate.
2.Have an interview with an EMTG recruiter. If you live in the Netherlands, you will be invited to visit the company’s headquarters and have an interview. If you live abroad, a Skype interview will be coordinated with a local recruiter.
3.Get matched with a Dutch healthcare institution that best suits your profile and location. EMTG will determine if you are a suitable candidate and will match you with one of their partner institutions.
4.Enroll in the Dutch language course provided by EMTG and Academia Neerlandesa. You will have the opportunity to learn Dutch in Spain for 12 weeks or in the Netherlands for 16 weeks, depending on your preference and availability.
5.Start working as an immersive certified nurse in Amsterdam. Upon completion of the Dutch language course, you will be able to start working at the Dutch healthcare institution that you have been matched with.
Cost Of Living
The cost of living in Amsterdam varies depending on your lifestyle, preferences, and needs. However, you can use some online calculators to estimate your expenses and compare them with other cities. For example, you can use Numbeo or Livingcost to get an overview of the prices and costs in Amsterdam.
The most expensive aspect of living in Amsterdam is housing. The rental prices are very high due to the high demand and low supply of housing in the city. The average monthly rent for a furnished studio with utilities is €1,177, while an unfurnished apartment with utilities costs €1,636. If you want to buy a property, you will need to pay around €685 per square foot in the city center and €439 per square foot outside of the center.
The second most expensive aspect of living in Amsterdam is transportation. The public transport system in Amsterdam is efficient and reliable, but also costly. A one-way ticket costs €3.30, while a monthly pass costs €81.45. If you prefer to drive, you will need to pay for gas, parking, and insurance. The average price of gasoline is €7.02 per gallon. Alternatively, you can use a bike, which is the most popular and cheapest mode of transportation in Amsterdam. You can buy a second-hand bike for €50-€100 or a new bike for €250-€600.
The third most expensive aspect of living in Amsterdam is health insurance. Health insurance is mandatory in the Netherlands and you need to pay a monthly premium to a private insurer. The average cost of health insurance in Amsterdam is €120 per month. You may also need to pay a deductible, which is the amount you pay out of pocket before the insurance covers the rest. The deductible for 2022 is €385 per year.
The other aspects of living in Amsterdam, such as groceries, dining out, leisure, education, childcare, and personal needs, are relatively affordable compared to other European cities. The average cost of groceries in Amsterdam is €300 per month, while the average cost of dining out is €150 per month. The average cost of leisure activities, such as cinema, fitness club, or tennis court, is €13, €47, and €20 per hour, respectively. The average cost of education in Amsterdam is €1,658 per month for preschool and €10,642 per year for international primary school. The average cost of childcare in Amsterdam is €8.02 per hour for a babysitter and €1,200 per month for a daycare center. The average cost of personal needs, such as clothing, shoes, or toiletries, is €63 for a pair of jeans, €79 for a pair of Nike shoes, and €25 for a summer dress.
Immersive certified nurse work opportunities in Amsterdam are a great option for nurses who want to advance their career and experience a new culture and lifestyle. By working as an immersive certified nurse in Amsterdam, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a flexible work schedule, a stimulating work environment, a supportive network, and a chance to explore Amsterdam. To apply for these opportunities, you must have a European nursing degree, register in the BIG register, have a good command of English or German, and learn Dutch. If you meet these requirements and are interested in applying, you can send your CV to [email protected] and start your journey as an immersive certified nurse in Amsterdam.